Top 13 highest paying companies in Nigeria: Different companies pay their workers different amounts of salary. In other words, different institutions have their specific workers salary scale. The pay amounts usually differ, according to position and level an employee occupies in an organization. What a junior staff earns monthly is definitely not going to be higher than what a member of the board of directors earns, as the member of the board of director, holds a higher position than the junior staff.
At times also, a worker may occupy more than one position in an organization, in which case he or she would be paid higher than what they would normally be paid if they occupied only one position. The goal of every staff should be to outdo their previous monthly performance, and surpass the required threshold of performance mandated by every staff. Once the worker surpasses the said threshold, he or she stands a chance for a promotion. When he or she is promoted, the salary increases.
Regardless of workers performance in the company, some companies have better service structure and scale than other companies, hence it rightly follows that the pay higher salaries to their workers. It is a general belief that oil and gas companies pay higher than other companies in other sectors of the economy, and therefore the salaries, bonuses and benefits those companies extend to their workers, cannot match that offered by oil and gas companies. While this may at times may appear, it is subject to debate. That debates however, is not the purpose of this writing.
The purpose of this writing, as seen from the title, is to outline the top ten highest paying companies in Nigeria, in terms of salary. Students graduate from the university every year in Nigeria, and due to the poor standard of living in the country, it is not uncommon to see most of them searching for work at top tier institutions that offer higher pay. With this write up, they can glean the possible companies they can work at. Definitely, starting and building a career in any of them would surely have positive and long term financial effects on the employees, leading to early wealth and fulfillments.
Recommended: Salary of the Nigerian Navy and their Rankings
Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2023
1. Chevron: Chevron is a leading company in the oil and gas sector. Apart from exploration of oil, Chevron Nigeria also ventures into the manufacturing and sale of petroleum products. Without doubt, they are one of the highest paying oil and gas companies, and company in general, in Nigeria. As a fresh university graduates, the aspiration is to work at an oil company for a better life.
Highest Paying companies in Nigeria
Chevron is a well recognized company in Nigeria, and it offers its employees a lot of benefits like: a huge paycheck, word recognition, and attractive work benefits at the end of the month. Chevron staffs receive about two to twenty five million naira annually, depending on their level, experience and job description.
2. Total: Total is a subsidiary of one of the multinational companies in the oil and gas industry. Total is not a recent establishment, it was established as far back as 1965. Therefore total has had time to grow, develop and expand. Total specializes in marketing petroleum and petrochemical products.
companies that pay the highest in Nigeria
Total is a well recognized company worldwide, and it offers its employees lots of benefits like: a huge paycheck, word recognition, and attractive work benefits at the end of the month. Total’s mid level staffs earn up to one point two million naira per annum.
Also see: Salary of bankers in Nigeria and their positions
3. Nestle: Nestle is one of the biggest food manufacturing companies in Africa. Nestle adequately takes care of its staff, offering them numerous benefits like health insurance, vacation trips, work benefits etc. Nestle is one of the top paying companies in Nigeria.
Top paying companies in Nigeria
In Nestle, entry level staff are paid from one million naira two point five million naira a year. Nestle managers also earn up to six point five naira yearly, while their production supervisors earn up to five million naira annually.
4. Shell petroleum development company(SPDC):Shell petroleum development company can also be called shell, and it is no doubt one of the leading companies in the oil and gas industry. Shell petroleum development company has a joint venture with: the Petroleum Nigeria Limited(TEPNG), Nigerian Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Total Exploration, and the Nigerian Agip Oil Company(NAOC).
In shell petroleum development company, entry level staffs receive close to one point six million naira to six million naira a year. Junior staffs in Shell petroleum development company also received the same range, but both, depend on their position and level.
Recommended: Salary of Google’s employees in 2021
5. Exxon Mobil Nigeria: Exxon Mobil Nigeria was established in 1822. Since its inception, the company has ventured into the energy business. Exxon Mobil Nigeria also engages in the exploration of crude oil and natural gas. That is not all, Exxon mobile also engages in the manufacturing of petroleum and petrochemical products.
companies to apply for work in Nigeria and be paid high
Exxon Mobil Nigeria transports crude oil and natural gases. ExxonMobil is well known in Nigeria for selling petrochemical and petroleum products. In summary, Exxon mobile operates in two ways: upstream and downstream. By operating upstream, Exxon mobile engages in the exploration of gas and crude oil, and by operating downstream, the company manufacturers and sells petroleum products.
6. The Nigerian civil service: The Nigerian government thrives on the civil service, as the administration of the government is done by the civil servant.. For this reason, the Nigerian civil service can be considered an engine room of the government.
Without the effective contributions of the civil service, no government can actually survive. Hence, there is a need to bountifully reward the civil servants for the work they do in the civil service. According to the national services and wages Commission, a director in the civil service is paid about three hundred thousand naira and above per month, that is close to four million naira annually.
Also see: Differences between standard of living and cost of living
7. MTN Nigeria: MTN is the most popular communication network in Nigeria. MTN is by far the largest mobile operator in Nigeria. Its influence and impact in information and communication technology is glaring. The work of MTN is to provide cellular network across to Nigerians.
which company pay the highest in Nigeria? Answered
Empty and Nigeria is part of a conglomeration known as the MTN group. MTN group is a South African based telecommunication company, with head office in Johannesburg. MTN Nigeria adequately pays its workers, providing salaries of up to one point two million naira monthly depending on the position and years of experience.
8. KPMG: KPMG is a global network of professional firms. KPMG provides tax, audit and advisory services. It also helps industries and organizations negotiate risk and performance in this dynamic and changing world. KPMG offers its employees lots of benefits like: a huge paycheck and attractive work benefits at the end of the month. KPMG offers up to 1,000,000 naira per month depending on the position and deal of experience.
highest Paying oil companies in Nigeria
Recommended: Highest paying businesses to start in Nigeria this year
9. Central Bank of Nigeria: The Central Bank of Nigeria is the apex regulatory organization of the Nigerian banking and money market. Its Head Office is located in Abuja, and it’s sole is vision to be one of the most efficient and effective of the Central in the world that promotes and sustains economic development. They have a salary /scale that offers up to nine hundred thousand per month depending on the position and years of experience.
10. Procter and Gamble (P&G): Proctor and Gamble is one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods company in the world working with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B etc.
best companies to work for in Nigeria
Proctor and Gamble has existed for one hundred and seventy nine years globally and twenty four years in Nigeria. They have a good salary structure/scale, and offer up to one million naira per month depending on the position and years of experience.
Recommended: Salary of Programmers in Nigeria 2022
11. Andela: There is no doubt that Andela is one of the most successful companies in Nigeria currently with its headquarters in New York, USA. The company also has sponsors from other big tech companies like Facebook and many more.
Which company paid highest salary in Nigeria?
So basically, this company focuses on training and employing talented developers in the country, equipping them with all the requirements necessary to work for big companies outside the company. Simply put, they connect brilliance with opportunities irrespective of race, gender or location.
Unfortunately, there are speculations that their interview process is very difficult. But that notwithstanding, they are still among the highest paying companies in Nigeria currently. This is basically because developers are paid in dollars even when they are supposed to work remotely in Nigeria. The average salary annual of a developer at Andela is ₦2.95 million. That is undoubtedly a huge amount of money.
Recommended: Most Fun Jobs In The World 2023
12. Seplat Energy: Seplat Energy is a top indigenous oil and gas company in Nigeria. The company was formerly Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc. Seplat is a product of the partnership arrangement of Shebah Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Petroleum Joint Ventures Limited in 2009. Seplat has its asset in Niger Delta.
Highest paying companies in Abuja
The company is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and that of London. The company does oil exploration and has developed gas reserves alongside it. Seplat pays an average salary of N19.29 Million. The company has its offices in Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria and in London.
Also see: Best News Channels In The World
13. Lafarge Africa Plc: Larfage is one of the leading cement manufacturing and distribution company in Nigeria and in Africa. The company has its headquarters in Lagos. The company’s associate divisions are WAPCO, AShake Cement, Larfarge South Africa, the United Cement Company of Nigeria in Calabar and Atlas Cement Company. Lafarge Africa Plc is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Which company pays highest salary in Nigeria?
The company is controlled by Holcim Group. It was formerly Lafarge Wapco Plc until the merger which occurred between Lafarge and Holcim in 2014. Lafarge Africa Plc pays an average salary of N17.54 Million on the statistics of N23.69 Billion basic salary paid to 1,351 employees.
Recommended: Advantages and Disadvantages of Shopping online
As said earlier, it is generally believed that oil and gas companies pay higher than other companies in other sectors of the economy, hence the salaries, benefits, and bonuses extended by those companies to their workers, cannot match that offered by oil companies. As mentioned above some of these oil companies include: SPDC, Total, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, NNPC, NLNG, etc.
It is notoriously believed that they offer salaries, bonuses and other cash benefits to employees in Nigeria, ranging eight hundred thousand to three million naira monthly. From the above we can see that this is true, and our advice to fresh graduates out there, is to apply to these companies, before all else.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.
Which company pays highest salary in Nigeria? ›
1. Chevron: Chevron is a leading company in the oil and gas sector. Apart from exploration of oil, Chevron Nigeria also ventures into the manufacturing and sale of petroleum products. Without doubt, they are one of the highest paying oil and gas companies, and company in general, in Nigeria.Which job has highest salary in Nigeria? ›
The number one highest-paying position in Nigeria is that of a heart transplant surgeon. As a heart transplant surgeon, you can earn an average of 1,510,000 NGN per month, putting you firmly in the top quarter of earners in the country.Which company offers highest salary? ›
- Google. 1-4 yrs exp. ₹ 35.6 Lpa. ...
- Microsoft Corporation. 1-4 yrs exp. ₹ 28.1 Lpa. ...
- Walmart. 3-4 yrs exp. ₹ 24.9 Lpa. ...
- Goldman Sachs. 2 yrs exp. ₹ 24.9 Lpa. ...
- Tekion. 2-3 yrs exp. ₹ 24.9 Lpa. ...
- Flipkart. 3 yrs exp. ₹ 22.8 Lpa. ...
- Servicenow Software Development India. 2-4 yrs exp. ₹ 22.6 Lpa. ...
- Amazon. 1-4 yrs exp. ₹ 22.2 Lpa.
- Goldman Sachs.
Jobs with the highest salaries in India are medical professionals, data scientists, machine learning experts, blockchain developers, full-stack software developers, investment bankers and product managers.What is the best company to work in Nigeria? ›
|1.||Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)||Oil & Gas|
|2.||Chevron||Oil & Gas|
|3.||Mobil||Oil & Gas|
|4.||NNPC||Oil & Gas|
- Data Scientist – $97,659.
- Senior Software Engineer – $119,126.
- Investment Banker – $115,465.
- Chief Executive Officer – $310,000.
- Surgeon -$216,248.
- Anaesthesiologist – $326,296.
- Physician – $227,000.
- Neurosurgeon – $496,000.
Salary range. Nigeria's average salary range ranges from 85,700 NGN per month (USD 198.43), the lowest average, to 1,510,000 NGN per month (USD 3,496.24), the highest average.What is monthly salary? ›
More Definitions of Monthly salary
Monthly salary means Base Salary divided by 12.
How much does TopHire pay per year? The average TopHire salary ranges from approximately ₹3.6 Lakhs per year for a Talent Acquisition Executive to ₹10.4 Lakhs per year for a Accounts Manager. Salary estimates are based on 74 TopHire salaries received from various employees of TopHire.
Which job has highest package? ›
- Medical Professionals (Doctors & Surgeons)
- Data Scientist.
- Machine Learning Experts.
- Blockchain Developer.
- Full Stack Software Developer.
- Product Management.
- Management Consultant.
- Investment Banker.
- Patrol Officer.
- Executive Assistant.
- Flight Attendant.
- Sales Representative.
- Sound Engineering Technician.
- Software developer (and other coding careers) ...
- Blockchain jobs. ...
- Virtual reality jobs. ...
- Ethical hacker (or any job in cybersecurity) ...
- Big data analyst. ...
- Content creator. ...
- AI jobs. ...
- Data protection jobs.
- IT Support Officer at PalmPay Limited. ...
- Technical Support Specialist. ...
- Customer Support Representative (Osogbo) at Mevron. ...
- Financial Controller at eHealth Africa. ...
- Sales and Account Representative (Lagos) at T40 Technologies. ...
- Operations Manager at T40 Technologies.
You can be employed by a US company but working from Nigeria. You can also be employed in Lagos, Nigeria, and be working from Abuja, Nigeria.Which state in Nigeria has the highest job opportunities? ›
This is why Lagos State is the best recommendation for any Nigerian youth seeking employment.
Chief executive officer (CEO)
CEOs of large public companies receive the highest salaries, and most of these individuals work their way up through other positions.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Physical Therapist.
- Radiation Therapist.
- Human Resources Manager.
- Full Cycle Business Development Executive - Media & Digital Events (Y1 OTE $150K, Y3 $300K) ...
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OBGYN) Physician. ...
- ERP Solutions Expert. ...
- Director of Cloud AWS $300K+ Package. ...
- Rolling Mill Manager. ...
- B to B Sales - Group Health Benefits. ...
- Business Development Representative.
|Accommodation (monthly rent)|
|Three-bedroom apartment in the city centre||NGN 2,300,000|
|Three-bedroom apartment outside of the city centre||NGN 1,100,000|
|One-bedroom apartment in the city centre||NGN 700,000|
|One-bedroom apartment outside of the city centre||NGN 340,000|
How much is level 13 salary in Nigeria? ›
Grade Level 13: Workers in this level receive a salary between N294,307 and N417,322 monthly, and the annual income of workers at this level is between N3,501,684 and N5,127,864.What is the average income in Nigeria in US dollars? ›
Average income around the world.
|Avg. income per year||2,080 $|
|Avg. income per month||173 $|
The top easiest jobs to get are waiting tables, a customer service specialist, and a retail clerk. Most of these jobs listed require great customer service skills and strong communication skills. It's important to remember that your idea of an easy job may differ from another person, so find a job that fits your needs.Which job is easy money? ›
Easy, good, paying jobs include pet care, dog walking, home sitting, technical writing, patient care, delivery driving, massage therapy, and political science jobs. Most of these jobs only need the skill set and perhaps a post-secondary qualification.What is a low stress job that pays well? ›
According to data that FinanceBuzz compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), some low-stress jobs that typically yield a six-figure salary include mathematician, software developer, political scientist, physicist, chemical engineer, astronomer, and ...What are the top companies to work in Nigeria 2022? ›
Access Bank, GTB, Top LinkedIn's Ranking on Nigeria's Best Workplaces. The world's largest professional network company, LinkedIn, has released its 2022 list of best places to work in Nigeria, with Access Bank, GTB, Stanbic IBTC and Zenith Bank, topping the list.Who is the highest paid CEO in Nigeria? ›
Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs in Nigeria 2022 — Dangote Cement's boss earns N531m. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dangote cement, Michel Purcheros, has become the highest paid in Nigeria.How much is Level 9 salary in Nigeria? ›
Grade Level 9: Worker's salary is between N193,819 and N289,324. They are paid a sum of N2,435,828 and N3,459,888 per annum.Which sector is growing fast in Nigeria? ›
Nigeria's transportation and financial sectors led the list of the fastest-growing sectors in the third quarter of 2022, printing real growths of 41.59% and 12.7%, respectively. This is contained in the Q3 2022 Gross Domestic Product (GDP) report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).Which state in Nigeria has more job opportunities? ›
This is why Lagos State is the best recommendation for any Nigerian youth seeking employment.
Who is the highest paid banker in Nigeria? ›
Mrs. Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe assumed office as Managing Director/CEO, Fidelity Bank on January 1, 2021. Following her role as the Executive director, Lagos and South West, overseeing the bank's business in the six states that make up the South West region of the bank.Who is a trillionaire in Nigeria? ›
The richest man in Nigeria is Aliko Dangote. As of October 2021, he had a net worth of 13.6 billion U.S. dollars, ranking 161st worldwide. Aliko Dangote is also the richest man in Africa.How much is Zenith Bank CEO salary? ›
Mr. Onyeagwu was the 9th highest-paid chief executive in 2020. The CEO and MD of Zenith Bank, Ebenezer Onyeagwu received a sum of N246 million as salary in 2021 from the bank, which is 6.97% higher than the N230 million received in the previous year.How much is NYSC staff salary? ›
Your input helps Glassdoor refine our pay estimates over time.
Grade Level 13: Workers in this level receive a salary between N294,307 and N417,322 monthly, and the annual income of workers at this level is between N3,501,684 and N5,127,864.How much do teachers get paid in Lagos? ›
The average salary for a Teacher is NGN 60,000 per month in Lagos. Salaries estimates are based on 77 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by a Teacher employees in Lagos. What is the highest salary for a Teacher in Lagos? The highest salary for a Teacher in Lagos is NGN 150,000 per month.